I graduated in 2005 with a Bachelors Degree in Graphic Design, and have been lucky enough to work in a variety of mediums for different clients and projects. Multi-skilled in print design, packaging, web design, photography, online marketing and video post production.
In more recent years my focus has shifted more towards web design and I have managed multiple websites and online stores, creating banners and content, assisting with redesigns, blogging and social media marketing.
Currently I am doing freelance graphic design & websites in Dunsborough and the South West region of WA.
I love learning new skills, so getting more involved with web design and coding has been very satisfying and encouraged me to continue my training.
Personally I am friendly, hardworking and reliable. I have academic and commercial experience in web and design as well as a number of customer and admin focused roles. Practical and intuitive with great organisational skills, I enjoy problem solving and streamlining working practices.
When I am not working I can usually be found at the beach or on the playgroup circuit of Dunsborough trying to tire out my toddler. I am passionate about film, exploring new places and making delicious healthy food.
- BA (Hons) Graphic Design – UWE Bristol 2005
- Foundation Art & Design – UWE Bristol 2001
- CSS Positioning Best Practices ( 2.5 hour course) – 2012
- Google Adwords Essential Training (3.5 hour course) – 2011
- Insights from a Content Marketer (20 min seminar) – 2013
- Online Marketing Fundamentals (2 hour course) – 2012
- Social media marketing with Facebook & Twitter (5.5 hour course) – 2011
- Web Design Fundamentals (3 hour course) – 2011
- WordPress 3 Essential Training (6 hour course) – 2012
- XHTML and HTML Essential training (3 hour course) – 2011
Freelance Web & Design
2005 – ongoing
Programming Coordinator & Graphics
Qantas Inflight Entertainment: 2013 – 2014
- Production Coordinator for inflight entertainment sections of monthly guides
- Sourcing & resizing images for multiple entertainment systems
- Updating movies on the website
Web, Design & Marketing
Arnhem Clothing Byron Bay: 2012 – 2013
- Custom coded regular e-newsletters
- 2 x fashion photoshoots & editing
- Creating postcards & flyers for marketing
- Website updates & processing orders
Graphic Design & Marketing
Samudra Dunsborough: 2009 – 2012
- Online: Web design / Content management (joomla) / online store management / social media / regular email marketing
- Graphic Design: Food packaging / flyers / brochures / style guide / adverts / signage / stationary / stickers
BlueBox Creative Jersey – 2008
- 6 month contract designing websites, creating Flash content and interactivity.
Qantas Inflight Entertainment
"Lucy's attitude "no problem is too difficult or too trivial" has been refreshing on a project that has challenged the status quo of an embedded in-flight entertainment system. The Qantas Q Streaming IFE system underwent many changes during its inception and required Lucy to provide graphics and meta data for the IFE content, however, due to the many technical challenges specifications were changed requiring Lucy to submit multiple revisions of her work. This she did with a smile on her face and dedication to meet the new required timelines".
Samudra – Graphic Designer
"Lucy's creativity and innate determination makes her an amazing graphic designer and an asset to any company. Not only that, but when other departments within the company were short staffed or under pressure, Lucy would always be there to lighten the load. What I admire most about Lucy however is her ability to juggle a number of difficult tasks at once and still maintain her calm and positive demeanour. I wish there was a Lucy in every job!"
"Lucy was hired to design a logo & banner for a new yacht classified website. Within hours of receiving the design brief, she set upon giving me some great designs exactly to my requirements. She also took the time to give me some extra advice and design ideas. Her work was creative and her attitude professional. I've no doubt I'll use her talent for upcoming future projects."
Qantas Production Coordinator
"Lucy is extremely professional and an absolute pleasure to work with. Her creative ideas breathed new life into Qantas IFE. She is pro-active and can tackle projects of any size with a smile on her face. Lucy would be an asset to any organisation."